Sunday, May 20, 2012

1982. Breezy.

The first girl I ever loved. She wasn't real but she was the first girl I can remember being attracted to. Breezy was the older sister of Brewster Baker's rag tag pit crew in Six Pack starring Kenny Rogers. I don't think second graders have sexual feelings but I know I wanted to marry Diane Lane and kiss her a lot. I renamed my Princess Leia action figure Breezy and she got to ride shotgun with Boba Fett in the General Lee. I was Boba Fett obviously. I wasn't into dating real girls yet, mainly because the second grade trim at Mahany Elementary School was not Diane Lane caliber. Soon Breezy would turn into Cherry Valance after I saw The Outsiders. This inspired me as a young whiskey tango boy, but Pony Boy didn't exactly get the girl. I'm not sure how I got to see Rumble Fish, but Breezy Cherry Valance in her underwear stirred up some new feelings. Streets of Fire and the Cotton Club went topless, all leading up to two hours of naked Breezy in 2002. I'm glad Unfaithful didn't come out in 1982.

No comments:

Post a Comment